The Accounts Payable Association, here to serve you
Origins of the APA
From humble origins as a LinkedIn group, the AP Forum has grown to over 31,000 members on the LinkedIn AP Forum. We listened to the members of this group who constantly stated they wanted something more substantial, so we created the APA.
Moving forward we will be called the Accounts Payable Association (or the APA for short) and everything you will need to know will be provided here on this website.
The Association has been created by a number of leading AP professionals (including Jamie Radford our CEO); they have a wealth of experience (over fifty years) within AP functions organisations of all sizes and in many industries both in the UK and around the world.
Aims and Purpose of the APA
The Accounts Payable Association is a UK based organisation representing the interests of the estimated minimum two hundred and fifty thousand professionals working in the AP industry in the UK alone. The APA is committed to the professional advancement of individuals within the Accounts Payable discipline and also closely related financial roles.
The APA acts as a support group where like-minded AP professionals can obtain information on new technologies, procedures, and trends whilst obtaining critical benchmarking statistics on other organisations.
The overall aim of the APA is to provide members with an abundance of support, tools, data and information that they need in their day to day work whilst also helping to plan their career in the “World of Accounts Payable”.
We aim to change the all too often perception that AP is a dead-end job with minimal prospects – this is just untrue. Accounts Payable is vital to businesses; which can’t function without the efficient payment of bills on time. AP functions need suitably qualified professionals, who are highly motivated, valued by their organisation and also rewarded for the valuable work they do.
We can help you thrive in the world of accounts payable
About the APA Website
We’ve described the range of functionality and member content available on the APA website in the section below:
- Career HQ – The Career HQ part of the website offers substantial information for planning a career in HQ. This is member only content and includes a series of comprehensive guides (interview guidance, career paths and CV tips) as well as networking advice and access to the latest AP jobs (some exclusive to APA!)
- Training and development – A range of training and development information including our APA Induction, APA Technician Certificate and the APA Managers Certificate as well as training courses offered by specialist training providers
- Events and seminars information – A range of events/seminars will be hosted by the APA and partners – all of the information about these will be published here
- Benchmarking and Salary Surveys – Up to date information about benchmarking and salary surveys
- Best practice advice – Experts at the APA have developed a range of best practice guides which are available to members
- Tools and Templates - Experts at the APA have developed a range of tools and templates which can be used/adapted by members for their own organisational uses
- Ask the Expert and FAQs – Ask the experts at the APA questions about AP, also read through our model answers
- Industry facts and statistics – We will publish various facts and statistics for the interest of members
- Information about APA leadership – Learn about the APA leadership on this page
- Newsletters – All the newsletters published by the APA will be available here
- Press releases – All press releases sent by the APA will be available here
- Blog articles – The APA will publish blog articles every week, read through our articles and member contributed content here
- Promotional content from APA partners – Read through partner content and promotional offers at this page
- Forum integration – As long standing members of the AP forum have, continue to participate in the forum via this page
- Membership benefits and why join the APA information – Learn about APA membership benefits, why it makes sense to join the APA and also information about referral benefits for introducing new members
Feedback about the APA Website
This website has been specifically designed for the benefit of APA members. We always love to hear from our members, so please do feel free to contact us with feedback, advice and opinions about the site. We’re keen to hear about what you like, what you don’t like and possibly new suggestions and also if you have any content for us please let us know.